7.10.2007

Reflection is Protection, My Brother...

There is a very deep emotional interaction here. Which, to me, is interesting, because of the fact that I rarely (if ever) plan for a specific emotion to be present in the character of a drawing. And indeed, I often feel as though the emotional state of the subject is of secondary importance to it's aesthetic qualities. However, this subtly charged Darwinian confrontation stands out as a piece where I'm grateful for the happy accident of unplanned emotion. I suppose there are multiple interpretations of the emotional interplay in this situation. In lieu of that, I will keep my opinion on the expression to myself, except to say that I love how the bird looks like he feels remorse for the action he is about to take... Or maybe not. Another aspect worth mentioning is that the characters look like they could be two entirely seperate creations, and if they were split down the middle each could stand on it's own as a finished piece. The emotional connection, then, is the only bond unifying these two . Sexy. Bang!

No comments: